Listing prices for market-rate properties currently on the Boston market range from $124 a square foot in Mattapan to $2,615 a square foot in Beacon Hill, according to a new analysis from real estate research site NeighborhoodX. The analysis provides a fantastic snapshot of where Boston (and Cambridge) home prices are mid-summer.
A few quick takeaways:
- Averages by neighborhood range from $221 a foot in Mattapan and $225 in Hyde Park to $1,166 a foot in Back Bay to $1,322 in Beacon Hill.
- Brighton’s priciest property ($1,039/foot) is close in price to that Back Bay average of $1,166 a foot.
- The most expensive property in Mattapan ($335/foot) is less expensive than the most affordable property in Allston ($370).
- And East Boston’s most expensive property ($700/foot) is priced just below Back Bay’s least expensive property in Back Bay ($734).
- Consolidated Price Ranges: June 2016 [NeighborhoodX]