It’s a new month and time to check in with real estate research site NeighborhoodX to see how prices range in the Boston region. See above; and check out the bullet points below for further comparisons:
- In Boston proper, prices roam from $134 a square foot on the less expensive end of Mattapan to $3,041 a square foot on the priciest end of Midtown (a.k.a. the Financial District + Downtown Crossing + the Government Center area).
- Quincy’s average listing price of $317 a square foot falls between Roslindale and Hyde Park.
- Watertown’s of $375 falls between East Boston and West Roxbury.
- Somerville’s of $571 falls between South Boston and Brighton.
- And Mattapan and Malden both have the same average at the start of February: $239 a square foot.
The data cover market-rate listings only as well as those that do not have a rent-regulated tenant in place or ones in need of extensive renovations.