Boston has the worst traffic of the nation’s 100 most populous cities, according to a new analysis from personal finance website WalletHub.
Overall, Boston is the sixth-worst for motorists, according to the analysis.
Only Seattle, Washington, Detroit, Oakland, and San Francisco are more hellish—which is saying something, given Boston’s justly earned reputation for awful traffic and discourteous drivers.
The WalletHub analysis looked at factors such as the cost of buying and maintaining a vehicle as well as traffic and safety.
Boston scored the worst among the 100 cities tracked in terms of “traffic and infrastructure” and 97th in terms of access to vehicles and maintenance.
Related: Own a parking space in Boston, but don’t use it much? Here’s how to make money off it.
- 2017’s best & worst cities to drive in [WalletHub]
- Boston traffic among world’s worst, new report says [Curbed Boston]
- When Newbury Street will be closed to cars this summer [Curbed Boston]
- 6 Boston transportation projects that need to hurry up and arrive [Curbed Boston]
- Brighton condo-apartment project: 210 units, 220 parking spaces [Curbed Boston]