As you might expect, the games will cause logistical headaches for commuters trying to get into, out of, and through the area around the ballpark. The city has issued a warning about parking restrictions and street closures; and is advising local drivers to detour around the area.
These streets will be closed to truck traffic starting at 6 p.m. both nights.
- Brookline Avenue, from Beacon Street to Park Drive
- Jersey Street, from Boylston Street to Brookline Avenue
- Ipswich Street, from Boylston Street/Hemenway Street to 1200 Boylston Street
- Van Ness Street, from Ipswich Street to Kilmarnock Street.
And these streets will be closed to all motor vehicles starting at 7 p.m. both nights.
- Brookline Avenue, from Park Drive to Boylston Street
- Ipswich Street, from Charlesgate East to Van Ness Street
- Jersey Street, from Boylston street to Brookline Avenue
- Lansdowne Street, from Brookline Avenue to Ipswich Street
If you’re going to the games—both of which are scheduled to start at 8:09 p.m.—might we recommend taking the Green Line to Fenway or Kenmore; or the commuter rail to Yawkey? This handy MBTA trip planner can help.
There is also the Blue Bikes bike share and good, old-fashioned walking. Go Sox.