It’s well-known that the Boston region has some of the world’s worst vehicular traffic. What’s more, the regional transit system ain’t anything to write home about (despite the best efforts of the MBTA).
Both realities stalk the weekday commutes of millions, often turning what should be routine roundtrips into miserable slogs that impact not only quality of life in the region but its real estate market.
So! For our latest open thread, what is your commute by car or mass transit like? How has getting regularly from Point A to Point B gotten better or worse in recent years?
And would you move to improve it? Sound off in the comments section below.
- It’s not your imagination. Your Boston commute is getting worse. [Globe]
- Boston one of the world’s 20 most congested cities [Curbed Boston]
- MBTA delay alerts embrace measurement by minutes instead of by adjectives [Curbed Boston]
- Silver Line rolling into Chelsea in April as planned [Curbed Boston]
- Boston region’s terrible commutes changing the way brokers market [Curbed Boston]