Boston will host its annual Patriots Day Parade on Monday, April 16. The parade honors the first battles of the Revolutionary War in Concord and Lexington in 1775.
The parade will set off from City Hall Plaza at 9:15 a.m.—nearly two hours before the start of the Boston Marathon 20-plus miles away in Hopkinton. The parade will then follow this route:
- from Court Street to Cambridge Street to Tremont Street
- left to Bromfield Street
- left to Washington Street
- right to State Street
- left to Congress Street
- right to Hanover Street, and
- end at the Paul Revere Mall.
The city says that streets along the route will be “briefly” closed to vehicular traffic as the parade passes.
There are, of course, numerous other closures planned because of the marathon and the general Marathon/Patriots Day weekend.
- Boston Revolutionary War monuments: 11 key places, mapped [Curbed Boston]