The 12 most expensive homes for sale in the Boston area as of late May ranged in price from $9.995 million to $90 million, according to an analysis from real estate research site NeighborhoodX.
Yes, $90 million. That would be the long-listed 24-room, eight-fireplace estate at 150 Woodland Road in the Brookline slice of Chestnut Hill.
Then there are myriad properties in Boston proper asking beefy tags by square foot and by total. The least expensive is a combined-unit spread on Beacon Street in Back Bay. See the chart below for more pricing details.
A few notes, per NeighborhoodX research director Constantine Valhouli:
- That $90 million Chestnut Hill manse is just over the price of the next 10 most expensive listings combined.
- The Back Bay townhouses listed run from about $13 million to about $15 million—but, as Valhouli notes, that’s “a bargain” compared with prices for similar properties down I-95 in some New York City neighborhoods.
- And the price per square foot for the Chestnut Hill estate is somewhat higher than it would otherwise be because of the significant land on which the property sits. That skews the per-foot price higher.
- $90M Brookline estate likely to end 2016 as priciest listing in Greater Boston [Curbed Boston]
- Blockbuster Back Bay maisonette spans two buildings [Curbed Boston]