Everyone knows that Boston is in the midst of an epic construction boom, with everything from hotels to condos to dorm rooms shooting up from the city's streetscape. No type of development, however, has been as prominent as apartment construction. Massive (by Boston standards, at least) complexes such as the Ink Block in the South End and the Viridian in Fenway have helped alter their areas and drastically expanded Boston's cartoonishly low housing supply. Apartment search site RENTCafé compiled for us the seven biggest apartment openings in Boston last year. The cutoff for inclusion was around 100 units, and construction on the complex had to have been completed in 2015 (sorry, AVA Theater District—according to RENTCafé, you're not finished yet).
· Beantown on the Rise [RENTCafe]
· Boston's Dorm-Construction Boom, Mapped [Curbed Boston]
· Updating Our Map of the Many Hotels Going Up in Boston [Curbed Boston]
· Twenty Two Liberty Sales: Gobsmacking As Everyone Thought [Curbed Boston]
· Here Comes Boston's Biggest New Apartment Tower of 2015 [Curbed Boston]
· Our Curbed Maps archive [Curbed Boston]
[Top image: inside the Troy Boston via RENTCafe]