Wowza! Two more 20-story-plus towers for Boston, this time in the form of spires on the Christian Science Plaza at Belvidere and Dalton streets. Largely approved by the city already, one will be 50 floors of condos, hotels and retail, including a restaurant; the other will be 20 stories of apartments and more retail. Where does this leave us re: taller towers in Boston? With roughly 18 planned or already going up that have at least 20 floors.
Thus! We've updated our Boston Towers Heatmap with fresh info on existing points (like the hold-ups at Fenway Center); deletions of faltering projects (like the disappeared Copley Place tower, conveniently X-ed out of the above skyline); and additions like the Christian Science Plaza newcomers as well as the TD Garden twins.
· Carpenter & Co. Will Build Tower at Christian Science Plaza [Boston.com]
· Old Garden Site to Sprout Supermarket, Target, Apartments [Curbed Boston]
· The Mystery of Copley Place: Developer Halts Major Tower
· Fenway Center, Always With the Hold-Ups [Curbed Boston]
· Our Curbed Maps archive [Curbed Boston]