Boston could see nearly 4,200 new or seriously renovated hotel rooms by this time in 2017, according to current plans and proposals. These include under-construction projects such as the 242-room Godfrey in Downtown Crossing and the 330-room Aloft in Southie as well as the planned 175-room inn that's part of Boston Landing and the 211 Four Seasons rooms expected to go inside the 61-story 1 Dalton Street. Heck, just yesterday brought news that construction on a 307-room Yotel in the Seaport is expected to get underway this August. Therefore! We have updated our New-Hotels Heatmap. It does not include recently opened projects nor ones outside Boston's city limits (such as the extended-stay Homewood Suites at 111 Boylston Street just inside Brookline). If we're missing any, ping us. And if you're surprised at the amount of rooms, you're forgiven: Boston's apartment-building boom is drowning everything out.
· The Biggest Greater Boston Apartment Openings in 2015 [Curbed Boston]
· Exclusive Tour of Downtown Crossing's New Godfrey Hotel [Curbed Boston]
· Here's Boston's Tallest Residential Tower Against the Skyline [Curbed Boston]
· Seaport Yotel Expected to Get Underway This Summer [Curbed Boston]
· Our Curbed Maps archive [Curbed Boston]