'Tis no secret that the City of Somerville is one of the more game-change-y communities in the Greater Boston universe. What with the Green Line extension and the rapid gentrification and the bid for techies, Brooklyn's branch office is transitioning a lot and fast. We thought we would pause a spell and extrapolate about this change what we could from the top 10 most expensive homes currently for sale in Somerville.
For one thing, most are located near or on the Cambridge border; for another, most talk up their proximity to public transit; and still for another their listings urge prospective buyers to act fast. Hey, normal brokerbabble, we know; but in Somerville right now such urgency has added meaning.
· Green Line Now Part of Somerville Sales Pitches [Curbed Boston]
· Somerville Is Doomed to Be a More Desirable Place to Live [Curbed Boston]
· Somerville to Board Tech Train as Mayor Praises 'Hipsters' [Curbed Boston]
· Brooklyn Opens Branch Office in Somerville [Curbed Boston]
· Our Curbed Maps archive [Curbed Boston]